Sunday July 18, 1-5 pm: Charteris Road and the sports centre
Put 18 July in your diaries and calendars now for the first ever BEST Big Lunch event.
Thanks to the Streets for People scheme, our 11 streets are becoming safer and more pleasant places to live, work and socialise. To celebrate our new look and all your efforts to make it happen, BEST is organising a street party in and around Charteris Road. Bring a picnic or a dish to share, invite some friends and come along to meet your neighbours and find out what’s going on in your community.
So far the day will include:
- badminton and table tennis in conjunction with Charteris Sports Centre
- bike activities, including Dr Bike and bike painting with local artist Dalia Zermon
- stalls and live music
- information about BEST’s community gardening project and on Transition K2K, an exciting local project to make our community more self sufficient
- advice from Community Police on how personal safety and how to counter burglary
- housing and other information from Brent Private Tenants’ Rights Group.
We’re just getting started on planning BEST’s Big Lunch and would love to hear from anyone who can help make the day a success. Could you run a stall or provide some music? Or could you run games or activities for children?
We’re also planning a Big Bike Ride, where cyclists of all ages can ride around our streets and between other local Big Lunch events!
The BEST Big Lunch and Big Bike Ride take part on Sunday 18 July from 12-5pm in Charteris Road and Charteris Sports Centre. To find out more, contact Josie on 07773 865 917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about The Big Lunch, visit www.thebiglunch.com